Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Greenhouse Effect


On the day of Dec. 1, 2009 I went home and continued reading about Global Warming and its effects on our planet. In the book that I was reading, I learned about the greenhouse gases and what part it has in earth's atmosphere. I learned that greenhouse gases are natural gases that come from the earth's atmosphere for example water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and ozone. These gases are the original greenhouse gases in our planet earth's atmosphere, also greenhouse gases can be human made gases for example halocarbons, chlorine, and bromine and these gases contain extra added substances for there production. I can explain briefly that if the greenhouse gases are increased, it should trap more heat into the earth's atmosphere. Without the natural effect, which serves as a fish-net for the suns heat towards the earth, humans and most other life forms would not have evolved on earth. For example the fair temperature of the earth would be freezing at negative 18 degrees Celsius instead of just being really cold at a temperature of 15 degrees Celsius. I know that the solar radiation passes through the earth's atmosphere and heats the surface of our planet. The information that I did not know is that some of that energy goes back to the earths atmoshpere. Another thing that I didn't know is that not all of that energy from the sun through the multiple layers of gases that cover the earth. It's these gases that we mainly are experiencing which are the reason for the current climate change. Picture From Google.com